Thursday, February 18, 2016

The Halsey Book Tag

*the album cover*

I was tagged by Bekka a little while ago, but I kept putting this off. And then I thought: a tag would be REALLY fun to do right now, so voila! This was actually pretty hard though so kudos to Angie, Ellis, and Meg for the work they put into this. I CAN'T WAIT. I FUCKING LOVE HALSEY. LET'S DO THIS!

*****

*I chose books/characters from the last year or so that I've read. Otherwise, I'd be repeating way too many from other tags I've done.

*Also SPOILERS. Some of these prompts can definitely ruin books, so um, if you haven't read one in a category, probably skip the answer. :D

*****

1. Castle – Your favorite queen. 
Isaboe, MY HOME GIRL. MY FAVE. BADASS LEADER OF THE LUMATERANS.


2. Hold Me Down - A series you just can’t seem to quit no matter how hard you try. 
This series just makes me SO mad and conflicted. I mean, I really enjoy dark romances, and I love Pepper Winters' writing. BUT I have a feeling I know that the girl will end up with the guy, no matter what he's done (really unforgivable shit). And all I want is for her to destroy him and his family. I want her to choose revenge over love. Gah! Even knowing I'll probably end up disappointed, I just cannot quit this series. There are 6 books, I've read 3, I might as well keep going really.


3. New Americana - The fictional friend group you’d want to be your fight the apocalypse squad. 
*the* OT5 of course


4. Drive - A couple that needs to communicate (better).
I loved Taylor's and Jonah's quiet romance, but man, they could have been better at communication honestly! There were so many moments where I wish they'd talked about things more, been better at speaking with each other. Actually, I felt like all the characters in this book could've taken a lesson on communication. Haha. :p


5. Hurricane - Favorite standalone. 
My love for this book knows no bounds. <3


6. Roman Holiday - Cutest contemporary couple. 
Austin and Marisa. These two were the most ADORABLE couple. I loved that they were so understanding and supportive of one another. And they were just so good for each other. It was wonderful to see that in a YA book, tbh. :)


7. Ghost - Most tragic break up. 
Jem and Tessa from TID. Because death is a pretty tragic way to break up with someone, no? :p I was also a total T & J shipper in that series, so the fact that she chose Will was a little GRRRR (tho I do love Will <3). Also I totally read this YEARS ago, but I seriously cannot think of any other book with a tragic breakup, so I'm using them even tho I wanted recent reads.


8. Colors - One of your faves who hurts you a lot because they make TERRIBLE decisions. 
Ah, Froi, you wonderful and infuriating character. Sometimes I'd wanna shout NO GO BACK DON'T DO THIS or C'MON FROI DON'T BE STUPID. He does make some pretty terrible choices, but I still love him.


9. Strange Love - Character a lot of people don’t get but you absolutely love. 
Mercedes. A lot of people seem to really like this book, but not a lot seem to like Mercy (at least, from what I've read in reviews). And I get it, she's pretty unlikable and very flawed. BUT I JUST LOVE HER. I thought her character was so refreshing and real!


10. Coming Down - Best sexy times scene. 
Tessa and Jason's whole romance was HOT, tbh. 


11. Haunting - A book or character you’re still thinking about. 
Six of Crows! Kaz, Inej, Nina, Matthias, Jesper, Wylan. MY BABIES. <3 After I finished, I immediately wanted to reread. And I STILL think about this book from time to time.


12. Gasoline - Favorite (self-)destructive character.
Ronan. <3 I TRIED hard to come up with another character, but I just could not. Ronan is one of my faves ever, and someone who is so self-destructive yet I love him very dearly.


13. Control - Best villain.
The Komizar. He was both charming AND creepy. And also very villainy (even though you could say he was just trying to take care of his people, but I still think he was manipulative and too controlling with them anyway). So I'd say he's not a TRUE villain, but a damn good one.


14. Young God - Characters that secretly worship each other.
Clarke and Bellamy. I'M TALKING ABOUT *THE SHOW* AND NOT THE BOOK BUT WHATEVER I DO WHAT I WANT. I don't care who you ship in the show (I'm a fan of Clexa too, just not for endgame). BUT THESE TWO ARE SECRETLY IN LOVE AND WORSHIP THE GROUND THE OTHER WALKS ON AND I WILL NOT BE PERSUADED OTHERWISE.


15. Walk the Line - Best retelling/reworking.
Though I don't remember a lot about it (my memory is shit and also I read this SUPER fast), I LOVED IT! It was definitely unique, incredibly enchanting, and the characters made this one stand out so much.


16. Is There Somewhere - OTP with obstacles. 
I MEAN DUH BLUE AND GANSEY BC DEATH IS A PRETTY BIG AND TERRIBLE OBSTACLE HERE. *pokes denial bubble to make sure it's still secure* *settles in until April*


17. Empty Gold - An otp that became a notp. 
Adam and Juliette. *shrugs* I really loved them at first, but then, yeah NOPE.


18. Trouble - Toxic relationship you ship even though you know better. 
Emily and Reeve. I had such a hard time coming up with an answer for this bc apparently I don't really ship toxic relationships? or even crackships? Anyway! I was looking at my read list on GR, came across this book, and was like YES THIS COUPLE. These two are very toxic, but like, it works? They fit well together, but I would never want a relationship like this, lemme tell you.


I tag anyone who loves Halsey. And specifically: Amber, Val, and Shannon. :)