Thursday, March 24, 2016

Bookish Bingo: Holiday Edition Wrap-up

This bookish challenge ended back on February 29th, so I'm a little late. (cue cry-laughing emoji). I had my event starting on the 1st, and I completely forgot to wrap this up before then, so WHOOPS. I know I probably didn't have to do this, but I wanted to! I always love recapping Bookish Bingo and looking back on what I've read over the last three months that fit into these categories. So, here's how I did! :)

Squares I Conquered:
*Romance: Misconduct by Penelope Douglas
I'm a big fan of P Douglas, but not of this book. I liked it, but I hated the love interest, and the girl's OCD being treated as a cute quirk made me angry.

*Multi POV: Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
Phenomenal. Just. Phenomenal.

*Series Finale: Quintana of Charyn by Melina Marchetta
One of the best series enders to one of the best series I've ever read.

*Fantasy: Stars of Fortune by Nora Roberts
Predictable, not overly original, but classic Nora Roberts. It was engaging and addicting, and I can't wait for the sequel.

*Pink Cover: Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour
This book was so adorable! Loved the main character, and her relationships with the others. And the mystery was intriguing. 

*2015 Release You Missed: Fairest by Marissa Meyer
I enjoyed this insight into the past and the time before Cinder started, but it didn't completely work for me. And I didn't sympathize with Levana. BUT LOVED THE JACINTER MOMENTS <3

*Time Travel: The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig
I thoroughly enjoyed this one!! Loved most of the characters, and the historical details made this history nerd giddy.

*A Friend's Fave: Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
The 2016 reading year started off with a bang with this book! Amazing. Melina Marchetta is a goddess of words.

*Thriller: He Will Be My Ruin by K.A. Tucker
Definitely not the best this author can do. It was just... not that good.

*One-Word Title: Riders by Veronica Rossi
This is a book that isn't going to be for everyone, but I quite liked it. I just didn't like it as much as I thought I had.

*Award Winner: 
Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta
This was a reread, and the book was even better the second time around. Love Evanjalin so fucking much. Badass heroine.

*White Cover: The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
Reread. Just as damn good as it was the first time I read it, and I even caught more in the 2nd read. I love this series so hard.

*Book Was a Gift: A Mad, Wicked Folly by Sharon Biggs Waller
I really enjoyed this one! It made my feministic heart super happy.

*Retelling: Winter by Marissa Meyer
uuuugh I loved this so much. Jacinter <33333

*2016 Debut:The Abyss Surrounds Us by Emily Skrutskie
Even though this isn't my typical genre, I really enjoyed it! It was fun, unique, and the f/f romance was super shippable.

*Start a New Series: First Touch by Laurelin Paige
This cat and mouse story was incredible engaging, even when it took me a long time to finish. It was very addictive!

*Royalty: Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta
PRECIOUS ROYAL BABIES AND THEIR PRECIOUS LOVED ONES. This book was my favorite of the series!

*Blue Cover: Thicker Than Water by Brigid Kemmerer
I liked this one, but after loving her Elemental series, it was a pretty big disappointment. Would've enjoyed it more had it been straight-up contemporary. 


Squares I failed to read:
*Snow on Cover
*Has Been Translated
*Holiday Themed
*Epistolary
*Black Author
*Graphic Novel

*****

I only missed 6 of them, so woohoo! I even had books picked out for all of them except the graphic novel, I think, but I just didn't get around to reading them. And I definitely joined up for the spring edition (which started on March 1st), but so far I've gotten 4 squares crossed off. *cue panic* Ah, if I only I can remember the days of NOT being in a slump. :( I hope April is a bit different in this regard. I HAVE ALL THE THINGS TO READ, SO WISH ME LUCK! :D

And if you ever want to see my progress, just check out the "Reading Challenges" tab!