Wednesday, March 9, 2016

I Don't Know About You But I'm Feeling... 23

*will never not be singing T-Swift's song even though it doesn't apply to me anymore*

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEEEE!!!!!!!

I am not actually REALLY feeling 23 at the moment, but I'm sure it'll hit me at some point. It's another year that has come and gone, and another year of learning and moving forward. At a snail's pace, but still. The year was full of ups and downs, and much of that affected how I blogged and why I fell into such a bad slump with it. But throughout a break, I realized that: yes, I still wanted to do this. I just had to make some changes. I also had to make changes IRL. But this year, I want to focus on even more changes. On being more positive. On cultivating my friendships. On taking care of myself, both physically and mentally. On appreciating life, and living deliberately. 22 was the year for challenges and learning more about myself through them. 23 is the year for putting plans into actions. I feel like I say this every year, honestly, but while my progress may be slooooow, it's happening. And 23 is the year for ME.

I don't have big plans for today, because of BEA and Chicago in May. That's basically a half-birthday and half-graduation present. But I'm cool with it, since I never do something big on this day anyway. I usually just go out to dinner (MY CHOICE) with my family, and then do a little shopping. It's not much, but it's enough for me. Especially since I get to go to my favorite Italian restaurant. ;)

When trying to figure out what to do for this year's birthday post, I decided to go back to a list I made a few years ago on random facts/things about myself! But different ones this time. So, here we go! :D

*****

1. I used to think 22 was SO old. I even remember wanting to be married before then. AHAHAHA WHAT A FUNNY KID I WAS. But now I'm at that point where I'm okay with my 20s being the years for discovery, learning, and transformation. I don't feel old, but we'll see how that changes throughout the year. ;)

2. I think I was a fox in another life. Don't side-eye me, it COULD have been a thing. YOU DON'T KNOW. (Wish the cleverness of a fox would have transferred over into this human life, tbh)

3. I'm an introvert. And socially awkward. So, if you see me at BEA this year, and I make no sense/don't say hi/am super quiet, it's just NORMAL, I promise.

4. I still don't know how to braid. 

5. I'm a feminist. This isn't SUPER random if you follow me on Twitter and such, but I really felt like saying it out loud. 

6. I don't know how I lived without book feels before. When I used to read them, I would turn the last page, start a new one, and that was it. I guess I never truly let go when reading? idk but I don't want to live without these intense feels ever again.

7. It's a good thing people aren't near me when I'm reading, because I am a mess. Sobbing, screeching, smacking myself in the forehead with the story, cursing the book and the characters and the authors for putting me through all of that. It's really, it's just a good thing reading is SOLITARY. 

8. I still have stuffed animals from when I was a kid. AND I WILL NEVER GET RID OF THEM. I'm a very sentimental person.

9. I might even, uh, still sleep with one of them. *runs away*

10. I love playing first person shooter games. I cannot even tell you how great they are for de-stressing and just wanting to waste time doing nothing important.

11. I also love playing kids' games that I played when I was young. The GameCube is now in my room, which means I have those games within reach that I played when I was in middle school, and it is pretty fabulous. (my family is never gonna see me again)

12. I have an addiction to Funko POPs. But I just have a lot of favorite characters and fandoms! ahhh.

13. I have always chronicled my reads. Like, I write down quotes, words I don't know, things I might want to remember for later. Basically anything. And I have SO MANY *almost full* notebooks lying throughout my room because of it.

14. I love jewelry of all kinds, but I only wear rings. okay, I used to LOVE wearing necklaces (have always hated wearing bracelets tho), but when I lost my favorite one of ever, I decided NOPE NEVER AGAIN. I refuse.

15. I find most sports boring to watch on TV, but I love going to games. Especially for baseball and basketball.

16. I wish I was artistic. I'm super jealous of those who can draw, and design, and just overall create amazing fanart pieces that I NEED in my life.

17. My favorite season has changed throughout life. It used to be winter, and then summer, and now it's fall. Living in Michigan will make you really glad for the season that isn't too hot or too cold. ;)

18. I like snow, when I don't have to go outside in it. And this is a problem when you live in this state.

19. Leggings are now my favorite things in the world. I never used to wear them, but then I did, and now I can't ever go back.

20. Even though we have cats, I'm still firmly a dog person. I mean, cats do nothing except lie around all day and give you serious side-eye when you're annoying them (which is all of the time bc they're such divas). But, you know, they're fun to take pictures of.

21. I USED to be a cat person. It's weird, but this is what happens when you go 10 years in-between cats, and you only have dogs during that time. Anyway, I had a best friend when I was little, and his name was Mittens. Best cat in the world.

22. I want to travel the world, but not on my own. New York last year was a strong indication of how I feel traveling alone (tho I'm apparently doing it again to Chicago? hahaha). Plus, I just find it more fun with a companion.

23. I had a really hard time coming up with this list.