Tuesday, May 24, 2016

(55) Top Ten Books I Feel Differently About After Time Has Passed

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic: Ten Books I Feel Differently About After Time Has Passed (less love, more love, complicated feelings, indifference, thought it was great in a genre until you became more well read in that genre etc.)

And all of mine are books that I thought were AMAZING or really enjoyable when I first read them, but would definitely feel more negatively toward upon rereads. So basically, I'd love them a hell of a lot less now. (Which is sad, but such is when your tastes change and when you change as a person too). Anyway, here they are! *tries not to feel terrified of people's reactions to the really popular books on here* :p

*****


All of these books are ones that I KNOW would get lower ratings, if I reread them. I know I wouldn't like them as much now. (In fact, in some cases, I would downright hate the stories or characters). Maybe I'm just building it up in my head, but I don't think so. I know my tastes pretty well, and for most of these books, I read them in my early blogging days (or like with Twilight, back in high school), and since then, my tastes have DEFINITELY changed. Things I ignored or didn't catch the first time I read the books would for sure change my opinion of them (especially in regards to the few New Adult books up there, lookin' at you, Beautiful Disaster). Also Hush, Hush, which would have all the tropes I despise in YA paranormal books now. Let's just never talk about Allegiant. I've made no secret of the fact that I feel a bit differently about Anna than when I first read it. When I first read Riders, my opinion was more favorable. But when I discussed with friends and wrote my review, it became a lot more negative. I still mostly enjoyed it, but after LOVING Veronica's Under the Never Sky series, this was a big disappointment. For Slammed, I'm sad to say I don't think I'd give it 5 stars again if I did a reread. Even though Colleen is a fave, that was her WEAKEST book, imo. (I still haven't even read This Girl). I also think The Fault in Our Stars is over-hyped and overrated. I remember enjoying it the first time, but I'd likely NOT enjoy it upon a reread. What have I missed? Ah, Evertrue. Well, let's just say I don't think I'd feel the same about certain aspects of it now. So yeah, sometimes I think I should reread to PROVE my words, but ain't nobody got time for that! (I seriously don't). 


*****

So what books would you feel differently about if you reread them, in a more negative way? Would any of these books make your lists? Let's talk! :)