Tuesday, June 14, 2016

(56) Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases for the Second Half of 2016

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic: Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For The Second Half Of The Year (since we did a topic about the releases we were excited about for the first half of 2016 back in the beginning of the year) Feel free to tweak it how you want to -- like most anticipated fantasy for the second half of 2016 or debut authors. Whatever you want!)

*****

THE BOOKS I *NEED* NOW!

All of these books except for Vassa are from authors who are FAVES of mine. Melina Marchetta (this cover is the AUS edition, but I'm using it because it's prettier), Kasie West, Leigh Bardugo, Laini Taylor, and Mary E. Pearson. I think The Beauty of Darkness *might* be my highly anticipated from this list, though, since this series is one of my all-time faves. Seriously am dying to read this book even though it signifies the end of these books. *sobs* NEW LAINI TAYLOR BOOK FUCKING FINALLY. And of course, Crooked Kingdom because SoC was freaking brilliant, and I need to know if my babies will be okay. And I'm so excited about Kasie's newest. I've been waiting SO LONG (okay only like a year compared to the wait for Strange the Dreamer, but still). Basically, the latter half of 2016 is full of such bookish goodness, and I CANNOT EVEN HANDLE IT.

*****

BOOKS I HAVE AND CAN'T WAIT TO READ

These are books that I'm glad I own so I can read them ASAP. Tahereh Mafi and Marissa Meyer are faves of mine, and I'm SO EXCITED about their newest books! After LOVING Claire Legrand's Some Kind of Happiness, I'm stoked about her upcoming MG! I still don't have much luck with them, but I hope Furthermore and Foxheart will be hits for me. And I cannot wait to try a Jay Kristoff novel after the brilliance that is Illuminae. I'm hoping to read all four of these this summer. :)


What upcoming books are YOU dying to read?! Did any of these make your list? Let's talk! :)