Tuesday, June 28, 2016

(58) Top Ten Authors I Still Have Yet to Meet

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic: FREEBIE WEEK!

I have been incredibly lucky the past two BEAs. I've been able to meet SO MANY authors, favorites and new-to-me ones. But there are still some authors who have eluded me these past couple of years. So that's why I decided to use the freebie week for the top ten authors I still have yet to meet. And here they are! :D

*****

1. Mindy McGinnis. I devoured Madness back in October, and then really enjoyed her debut novel. I also read The Female of the Species in May, and oh my god guys it's her best book yet. I love her writing, and her stories, and I just really need to meet her asap.

2. Nora Roberts. Nora has been my #1 favorite author since I was in high school. Meeting her would be a one-of-a-kind experience, but I have no idea if she'll ever do tours again (or if she ever did?? idk these things). (I think I only ever hear about signings when they're at her hometown). Anyway, it's a freaking MUST.

3. Laini Taylor. I missed her at BEA this past year, and I was kinda devastated. I absolutely adore her Daughter of Smoke and Bone series, and I'm (im)patiently waiting for the release of Strange the Dreamer. She's a goddess of words, and I know I'm going to love it. And damn it, I need to meet her someday!

4. Chelsea Fine. THIS LOVELY LADY WHO HAS ALL BUT DISAPPEARED. Okay, she hasn't really. But she hasn't published any new books since 2014, and I'm d y i n g for more. I guess I could just reread the Archers of Avalon series, which is one of my all-time faves. ;) But honestly, even if she doesn't publish more books for awhile (or *GASP* ever), I still want to meet her.

5. Brighton Walsh. Brighton is one of my forever faves. I love her books and being a part of her street team. And just overall, I think she's a wonderful human being. Meeting her would be so freaking fabulous, and I hope it happens in like the next year or two!

6. Rachel Harris. Much like with Brighton, I love her books and I've been a part of her srtreet team for YEARS now. I've known her since I was just a baby blogger, and I've still kept up with her releases for all this time (which is kind of a record, I've been known to stop reading an author's books, even if I loved them). Also she is such a great person, and it'd be a blast hanging out with her IRL, even if it's for like two seconds.

7. Melina Marchetta. Since she lives in Australia, I DON'T KNOW IF THIS WILL EVER HAPPEN BUT IT'S A VERY, VERY FIRM PRIORITY. FOR ME. Melina is a goddess of words and I love her books and I need to meet her and oh how my fangirl heart aches for it!

8. Emery Lord. Who doesn't want to meet Emery Lord?! That's the question. But really, her books are fabulous and wonderful, and just based off of social media, she'd be SO fun to chill with IRL. I was so sad she wasn't at BEA both times I went, and I hope our paths will align at some point in the near future. *crosses fingers for a Michigan tour date next year*

9. Victoria Schwab. I MISSED MY CHANCE OT MEET VICTORIA. She was in my state back in January, but I couldn't go to her signing. It suuuucked. So I'm hoping the second time around will work out, whenever that will be. I'm so obsessed with her Shades of Magic series, and I need to meet her!

10. K.A. Tucker. She was another author I missed at a BEA (the 2015 one). I could have gone to her signing but I didn't, instead choosing to wait in line for Jennifer Niven (which is where I met CJ, so really, it was a good thing I skipped out). ANYWAY. I don't know when she'll be back in the states for a signing, and that worries me. But the next chance I get to meet her, I won't pass it up. Ten Tiny Breaths is still a book that means a lot to me and will always hold a special place in my heart. And I want to meet the author who wrote that.

Honorable mentions (I know, I know, I'm cheating, whatever :p): Kasie West. So really, it's a top 11. I couldn't keep her off of it, and I didn't want to, because meeting her IS one of my priorities. SO, THERE. Oh! And Michelle Smith because I adore her and Play On is one of my all-time faves. *whispers* and Mary E. Pearson. Also Elizabeth Wein. OKAY, I'M DONE NOW, I ASSURE YOU.

*****

What authors do YOU still need to meet yet? Would any of these lovelies make your list? :)