Thursday, July 7, 2016

From the Den: June Edition

From the Den is a feature to showcase the books that I don't post reviews for on the blog, whether I liked them or not. I read so many books that never make it onto The Fox's Hideaway, so I wanted a feature where I could still tell y'all about them. :)

*****

An August Release
*Physical ARC kindly provided by Macmillan* <3

This was cute, and I really enjoyed it. It didn't have a whole lot of depth, and the main character could be so oblivious and annoying (and her boyfriend was such a jerk, don't see the appeal in him, honestly), but I loved that final Monday. This isn't the type of contemporary that really digs deep, but it was a fluffy read about staying true to who you are and not changing yourself for anybody who can't appreciate the real you, which I LOVED.
 Rating: 3.5 Paw Prints!


the Addicted Series
I read the whole series in June. (Well, the last 9 books. I ended May with a reread of Addicted to You in preparation). So yeah, 9 books. 6 characters. Interconnected stories that are mental health and therapy positive, so emotional and with such strong character development. I fell so deeply in love with this series. I'm only showcasing the 3 above because I didn't really review them. My reviews for the other 6 will be posted in August, and I'll be doing a "____ reasons to read the Addicted series" type of post at some point too. It might seem like too much, but I honestly have SO much to say about this series. But mainly: JUST READ THE DAMN BOOKS, OK?!
Ratings: 4, 4, and 5 Paw Prints!

*****

Have you read any of these books yet? HAVE YOU READ THE ADDICTED SERIES YET? IF NOT, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! :p