Sunday, August 7, 2016

The Pokemon Go Book Tag

*These images were made by Aentee, but they are owned by Niantic and Nintendo. SO PLEASE SUE NEITHER OF US KAY THANKS LOVE YOU FOR MAKING THE GREATEST GAME IN THE WORLD. 
I was tagged by Aentee in her Pokemon Go book tag, and I'M SO EXCITED OMG I LOVE THIS GAME SO MUCH. #letsdothis

*****
 
Okay I have bad memory, but I *think* it was the Magic Tree House series. I LOVED THESE BOOKS. I read so many of them, well into even high school. (Don't judge me, ok). They were so fun, and I remember picking up the books from my local library whenever I could, being so excited for the next one. I also got into A Series of Unfortunate Events in elementary school thanks to my 4th grade teacher, and they were definitely a starter for my love of reading as well.


I HAVE to go with the Harry Potter series (especially since I don't read actual classics). It's been SO long since I've read this series, but I still love it so much. I'm not too excited about all the new stuff, like the American schools and the Cursed Child. But the original series? There isn't much that can compare to it. And I'm in dire need of a reread!


eep the Throne of Glass series. Honestly, I really enjoyed ToG when I read it, but everything surrounding this series and this fandom has really turned me off from continuing. Yet. (I'll be binge-reading the books when they're all out). But yeah, it's not JUST the hype. I've unfortunately been spoiled for quite a bit, and as a reader who prefers going into books completely blind, this is not fun. I know it's basically my own fault for not reading them, but I can't say I'm interested in getting to them at this point in time.


The Girl at Midnight. It has A LOT of similarities to the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series, and it's not wildly unique from other fantasies, BUT I FREAKING LOVE IT ANYWAY!


Oh man, this is definitely George Martin's A Song of Fire and Ice series. These books are ridiculously huge and the series isn't even completed. I'm honestly so intimidated by it, and I'm not sure if I'll ever try the books. 


 Many books keep me up at night because I have a weird sleeping schedule. Ahaha. But no, the last one that did it was Our Chemical Hearts. I was gonna go to bed earlier that night, and I was like, oh, just a couple hours of this and then I'll stop. LIES. I was reading so quickly that I didn't bother stopping, and I read it in a record 3 1/2 hours (a book this size would normally take me over 5 hours). And I liked it! It wasn't... great, and it didn't give me emotions much, but it was a quick read!


My ultimate bookish OTP is Moira and Cian from the Circle Trilogy by Nora Roberts (coincidentally that series is also my ultimate fave ;) I fucking love these two, and their romance never fails to give me all the feels, even after having read it 4 times. Still my favorite hate-to-love relationship ever.


I guess I have to go with A Court of Thorns and Roses? I read that book really quickly, and it was definitely intense and a bit steamy. Also many of the Addicted/Calloway Sisters books were fire-hot and fast-paced. SEXYTIMES, WEEEE :p


Leigh Bardugo's Grisha world! I absolutely LOVED The Grisha Trilogy, and then fell deeply in love with her world again in Six of Crows. This is a world and series that I know I'd never get enough of. I will read anything she writes, but if she decided to explore her world again later on, I'd read it in a heartbeat.

I would also forever and ever love more of the Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta. I want more of this world, always
 

The Lynburn Legacy by Sarah Rees Brennan. Now, I had heard good things about it, but I still wasn't completely sure it'd be a me kinda story. I'm not really a fan of the paranormal genre anymore. But omg it so WAS my type of series. The banter was fabulous, and the characters were awesome. And even when I wanted to throw the books at the wall, I still ended up loving this series so much.


The Red Queen series! Though since I haven't read the first book, I can't really say whether it's overhyped or not. ;) But I remember it had massive hype before its release, and then after that died down, a lot of people found the book to be pretty mediocre. However, I'm still excited to read it! Hopefully I will get to it one of these days.


The illustrated version of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone! I still have yet to get this, and it's a must-have for me. I looove HP, and I love so many of the editions of these books, but this is one that I *need* so badly.


I am SO, SO, SO excited for Caraval by Stephanie Garber! I've heard such amazing things about this book. I mean, the hype has kinda scared me, but I'm still so excited for it. And I'm planning on reading it this month!


Oh gosh, I have SO MANY. Basically all my faves: Nora Roberts, Brighton Walsh, Chelsea Fine, Rachel Harris, Leigh Bardugo, Emery Lord, Melina Marchetta, Maggie Stiefvater, K.A. Tucker, Penelope Douglas, Michelle Smith, Laini Taylor, and Mindy McGinnis.


Um. Literally whatever book Chelsea Fine is going to publish next. I don't care what it is or how long it is, I fucking want it so badly. I'VE BEEN WAITING F O R E V E R FOR THIS AND IT ISN'T FAIR. *SOBS*

I guess another would be The Beauty of Darkness. I haven't been waiting THAT long, but since this is one of my all-time favorite series, it feels like it's been forever. Also Game On by Michelle Smith. I've waited over a year, and I'm so, so glad it's finally going to be published this month!

*****

I'm not gonna tag anyone specific, but y'all should definitely do this tag if you love Pokemon Go!

1 comment:

  1. I got my copy of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child book today.
    I brought it from Amazon and they delivered it in just 2 days!
    Here is the link:
    Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Parts 1 & 2

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3