Saturday, September 17, 2016

Bookish Bingo: Summer 2016 Wrap-Up


hosted by Bekka @ Pretty Deadly Reviews, which you can find here.

This is seriously like my favorite reading challenge, and I do it quarterly (since each bingo card is the span of 3 months). I haven't always conquered it in the past, but I'm always determined to try. I'm so happy that I did it again, and that I even finished the challenge a solid month early! And here's what I read. :D

*****

THE FAVES/LOVES
Aussie Author: Nevernight by Jay Kristoff 
June, July, or August Release: Game On by Michelle Smith
 Part of 4+ Book Series: Fuel the Fire by Krista and Becca Ritchie
 Over 500 Pages: Addicted After All by Krista & Becca Ritchie
 2016 Debut: Girl in Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow
POC MC: The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
Mental Health: Long Way Down by Krista & Becca Ritchie
Starts with S, U, M, E, or R: Some Kind of Perfect by Krista & Becca Ritchie
Political Intrigue: The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson
 Monsters: The Bird and the Sword by Amy Harmon

THE GOOD
Yellow Cover: The Shadow Hour by Melissa Grey
 Red Cover: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
 A Book about Books: Paper and Fire by Rachel Caine
Water on Cover: A Darkly Beating Heart by Lindsey Smith
Magic: Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi
Food in Title or On Cover: Night of Cake and Puppets by Laini Taylor
Folklore or Myths: The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller

THE LIKES
Name in Title: Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
White Cover: Kingdom of Ash and Briars by Hannah West 
Weather Words in Title: Frost by Kate Avery Ellison

THE MEHS
 Historical Setting (1900s-1950s): Fear the Drowning Deep by Sarah Glenn Marsh
 Middle Grade: The Scourge by Jennifer A. Nielsen

THE SUBJECTIVE WORST 
F/F or M/M Romance: Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst
Outdoors: The 100 by Kass Morgan

*****

As you can tell, I had read far more books that I loved than those I didn't! AND THAT IS SO AWESOME, WHAT A GREAT READING YEAR TBH. There were so many good and amazing ones in the mix for this Bookish Bingo. This is different from what I usually do for these wrap-ups, but it was a lot less work and looks way cleaner. By splitting them up, you can get a sense for how I felt about the books. The ones with pictures shown are the ones that were my ABSOLUTE faves (in the first category). The biggest disappointments were Stalking Jack the Ripper (which I did like but had wanted to love) and Of Fire and Stars. But the good books outweigh the few that just did not work for me or that weren't as great as I'd hoped they would be. And yay for having another Bookish Bingo edition complete! :D Did you guys participate in this challenge too? If so, how did you do?!