Wednesday, September 7, 2016

From the Den: August Edition

From the Den is a feature to showcase the books that I don't post reviews for on the blog, whether I liked them or not. I read so many books that never make it onto The Fox's Hideaway, so I wanted a feature where I could still tell y'all about them. :)

*****

Morrighan by Mary E. Pearson
I LOVED THIS!! I'm not a huge fan of novellas, but when it's a part of one of my favorite series? GIMME. I really loved this, not only because it gives us even more background into the events that predate The Kiss of Deception, but also because I loved the love story within. It was sweet, and filled with love and forgiveness and understanding and proved that scavengers and tribes can forge a lasting relationship. And I'm totally happy to say I remembered some very important names in this and what they meant. Gah, I cannot wait to finally reread KOD and HOB in preparation of finishing this series. It's one of my all-time favorites, and I MUST KNOW HOW IT ALL ENDS.
Rating: 4 Paw Prints! 
 

Night of Cake and Poppets by Laini Taylor
A smorgasbord of cuteness that I could. not. handle. OMG I LOVED IT. MORE ZUZANA! MORE MIK! my precious babies omg why did I not read this when I actually read/finished the series??? what is wrong with me??? I smiled so much, my cheeks hurt. Everything about this little novella was pure perfection and pure Laini Taylor goodness all wrapped up in an achingly-sweet romance that I dare you not to fall in love with.
Rating: 4 Paw Prints!


Our Love Unhinged by Brighton Walsh
OMG this was such a cute novella!! I'm so happy Brighton ended the series on this because it was wonderful. Cade and Winter weren't my favorite couple, but I still loved this. I love the sexy and sweet Cade and brave, beautiful Winter. She had a lot more reservations about getting married, but they made sense given her past and her insecurities. I loved seeing her grow more into her own and put those insecurities (mostly) behind her to marry the love of her life. I loved the ending to their story! And I of course loved the cameos with Tessa, Jase, Haley, Paige, and Adam. Especially Jase as he's my fave of the guys ;) IT WAS A LITTLE BITTERSWEET AS WELL BC I LOVE THEM SO MUCH AND THIS IS THIS SERIES IS DONE. *cries* I'm so glad Our Love Unhinged happened. I don't always care for novellas, but I absolutely needed more of these characters.
Rating: 4 Paw Prints!

*****

  Have you read any of these novellas yet? If so, what did you think of them? I didn't read a whole lot in August, some ARCs for ARC August. I mostly spent my time rereading and finishing up the Remnant Chronicles.