Thursday, November 10, 2016

The Highlights of Year 4

Today I thought it'd be fun to share some of the great things that have happened during my 4th year of blogging! :D

1. Being invited to Macmillan's blogger party during BEA week. A moment and a party I will treasure forever! I got to meet a few bloggers I've followed/interacted with for a couple years now (Brittany, Katie, other Katie, Mary, and other Brittany) and I got to meet Marissa Meyer and Leigh Bardugo again. It was such an honor to have been invited and to have gone. And I'm so happy I got to share that with my fave, Shannon.

2. Being added to Mac's mailing list. I'm not trying to brag, but I wanted to share because it's something that was a huge highlight of my 4th year of blogging. I only started requesting physical ARCs consistently last fall, so I felt like I was never gonna have relationships with publishers like other bloggers who have been doing this as long as I have. So it was really wonderful, and I'm so freaking grateful for the opportunities it has brought me.

3. Receiving over 2,000 pageviews on a single post. Apparently people really love the Vampire Academy series, because this was the highest viewed post I've EVER written. And I've never gotten higher than about 900 views on a post before, so this was an incredibly special and amazing accomplishment. THANK YOU!! At last look, it was at 2,512. HOLY SHIT.

4. Being invited to participate in a blog tour from a big publisher. This might seem so small, but as someone who doesn't really have relationships with publicists, being asked if I'm interested in a blog tour for a book is really cool. It's different because it's not a review request, and I've been able to *mostly* control the content I put out with them. I love that aspect.

5. Co-hosting the Shattering Stigmas event with Shannon, Topaz, Erica, Inge and Aly. I loved Shannon, Inge, and Kayla's work last year, and was so honored when Shannon asked me if I wanted to help co-host. Of course I said yes! I was so humbled by the responses I received and how many people wanted to participate. And it was also amazing for me to host a few authors of some of my favorite mental health books. My interview with Krista and Becca Ritchie in particular is one of my favorites that I've shared on the blog. :D

6. Attending BEA for the second year in a row! This went even better than 2015, and I was able to meet so many more bloggers and authors, as well as visit Chicago (one of my fave places). Lots of stress and worry involved, but I'm so glad I went. And that the week went better than was expected. Plus, the central location brought me more bloggers I adore, and I got to just have time to hangout with some of them, which isn't possible at any other time. Thank God for these annual conferences. :)

7. Hosting March Madness for the second year in a row! This year was fraught with more problems and more stress, but the end product was so worth it. I'm not completely sure if I'll be doing this again, since it's such a big undertaking and I still haven't worked out the kinks in it. But I also can't imagine NOT doing it. It's so fun, and I love having authors on my blog. So, we shall see!

8. Road tripping it up north with my friend to see Marissa Meyer on her Winter tour. This isn't totally related to blogging, but since I never would have heard about it otherwise (I did not know how to look for this stuff when I was a non-blogger, and also I wasn't as voracious a reader as I am now), I'm giving the blog credit. It was the BEST time, and one of my favorite memories of 2015.

9. Having a review quoted by the publisher! Not only had Little, Brown sent me the book for review, which is so cool in and of itself since that was my first ARC from them, but they quoted my review! And it was one of the happiest moments for me because I don't always feel good about my reviews. They hardly get the views and comments that my other posts do, and sometimes I feel like people find them boring because they're usually so long. So having my review recognized and shared in such a way was so special to me, and something I cherish.


10. Receiving my *first* physical ARCs/review copies from these publishers! Penguin was actually the first to send me an ARC I requested (along with some unsolicited copies) at the beginning of last year, but I don't really count it because it seemed like a fluke. But then I received Ripple this past September, and it was so exciting! I already mentioned this a little bit above, but Little, Brown completely made my year by sending me Girl in the Blue Coat. And Scholastic sent me a gorgeous finished copy of P.S. I Like You. And omg Tor. Tor Teen also sent me gorgeous finished copies of Truthwitch and Riders. It was a really good year in terms of working with publishers for me, so I can't wait to cultivate the professional relationships I already have and make more!

***Don't forget to enter the giveaway!***