Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's topic: Top Ten 2017 Debuts I'm Excited For.
***in no particular order***
1. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. I've heard this one was inspired by the Black Lives Matter movement, so I have no doubt it's going to be an important read. And that it's going to matter, especially to those who need it.
2. When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon. This one sounds AMAZING, and I've honestly not heard a single bad thing about it yet. I'm not even wary of the hype; it's making me even more excited to read it!
3. Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller. I've had this one for awhile now, and I can't BELIEVE I haven't read it yet given how much I've wanted it since I heard of it. But soon, my precious. SOON.
4. You're Welcome, Universe by Whitney Gardner. Okay, but how awesome is that cover?!? That was what got the book on my radar, but it was the synopsis that made me go OMG I'VE GOTTA HAVE THIS. It sounds freaking awesome.
5. The Gauntlet by Karuna Riazi. I'm not really a fan of middle grade, though I've tried it more often in recent years. But this has been called a steampunk Jumanji with a Middle Eastern flair, and omg gimme. I actually just won a copy of this, and I'm SO excited!
6. Song of the Current by Sarah Tolcser. A fantasy with pirates in it? I am in need. Also it says perfect for fans of Sabaa Tahir, and as I adore her, this makes want to read the book even more.
Those Without Covers:
7. Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao. A Snow White retelling based on Asian folklore and mythology? HERE FOR THAT. (It doesn't have a specific release date, so I'm nervous it might get pushed back to 2018, but I'm counting it as a 2017 debut until I hear otherwise).
8. Askari by Kristen Ciccarelli. DRAAAAAGONS.
9. Among the Red Stars by Gwen C. Katz. Any WWII novel is an automatic add to the TBR and a priority!
10. 27 Hours by Tristina Wright. There is not a single non-LGBTQIA+ character in this, I've heard, so I'm STOKED.
What 2017 debuts are YOU most excited about? Any of them make my list? Let's talk! :D