Tuesday, January 10, 2017

(68) Top Ten 2016 Releases I Meant to Read But Didn't (and Plan to Asap)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic: Top Ten 2016 Releases I Meant To Read But Didn't Get To (But TOTALLY plan to)

My Lady Jane
I feel like I've not heard a single bad thing about this book yet. I did test out the prologue to see whether I was in the mood, but I set it aside because historical fiction is something that I need to read when I DEFINITELY want to. So yeah, I really want to read this one soon, and I'm sure it'll happen this year!

Foxheart
I cannot BELIEVE I haven't read this yet, that it was not one of the first books I read when I brought it home from BEA. If you ask my friends, they'll be able to tell you how much I wanted this book. Haha. I WAS ALL ABOUT IT. And yet, here it sits, unread. I'm blaming much of it on the slump I hit during the last few months of 2016. But I'm definitely gonna devour it soon!
 
The Love That Split the World
This was one of the most hyped debuts that came out in 2016, and since I read a lot of the debuts, I'm surprised I didn't get to this one! I know it's been called out for problematic Native rep, but I'm still curious and want to read it.
 
Girl Against the Universe
I somehow always manage to put off reading Paula Stokes and idk why since she's one of my fave people. I think it's because the two I own and haven't read are ARCs, and I know the finished copies for her books tend to differ a lot from the ARCs. So I really just want to wait until I can get my hands on a hardcover instead.
 
A Court of Mist and Fury
I need to see what all the fuss is about, and since I really enjoyed ACOTAR, so I want to get to it as soon as I can!
 
The Unexpected Everything
Though Morgan is one of my faves, I still have only read Since You've Been Gone. I know, I know. WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE. I honestly don't know, but I really hope to get to this one at some point this year. :D
 
The Serpent King 
I've heard a lot of good things about this book, and I think all of my friends LOVED it, so I've got high expectations. Which is a big reason why I put it off for so long.

Ever the Hunted 
I'm wary about this one based off reviews I've read from trusted bloggers, but I had MEANT to give it a try before it released anyway. Hopefully I can do that this year.
 
The Steep and Thorny Way 
I still haven't read a Cat Winters novel yet, guys, and it *needs* to happen in 2017. And since I have this book, I want to read it, especially since it's a reimagining of Shakespeare's Hamlet
 
Scythe 
Gaaaah, I've wanted this one ever since I heard of it, and I absolutely want to read it before this year ends. I just need to get a copy of it. 

*****

What 2016 releases are you sad you didn't read last year? Which ones do you DEFINITELY plan on reading in 2017? Let's talk!