Monday, January 16, 2017

Dumbledore's Army Readathon Wrap-Up

Guys, Aentee is so effing creative, and this was SUCH a fun readathon! I almost can't believe I was able to read all 7 books in the 15 days it went on, but I did! :D

I had posted my TBR back near the end of December, and I did read *most* of the ones I'd had on there. And I'm glad to say that I enjoyed ALL of them! My favorites were Melina Marchetta's and Under a Painted Sky, but I at least liked the lot of them. So I'm going to talk about them a little bit. And then at the end of this post, I've got my ID card with my points tallied up!

*****
 
Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta. I don't think it's possible for me to NOT fall in love with a Marchetta book. This one was just as amazing as the rest I've read, and it was also personally relatable for me, which made it special. <3

243 pages = 24 points

Written in the Stars by Aisha Saeed. I've read 0 books with a Pakistani MC, and very few in general when it comes to Middle Eastern and South Asian countries. This was a very hard book to read, given some of the things that happen in it, but it's eye-opening and important. So if you haven't read it yet, I strongly urge you to do so soon!

282 pages = 28 points

If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo. This one wasn't on my original TBR because I completely forgot I had it! It's #ownvoices because it's about a transgender teenager written by a transgender author. And I really liked it; it was super readable. It just didn't have a ton going for it, but Amanda's experiences matter.

281 pages = 28 points
 
Under a Painted Sky by Stacey Lee. This book was sooooo good omg, I loved it. The characters, the setting, the story, the relationships, all of it. Stacey has become an auto-buy author for me.

370 pages = 37 points


Cam Girl by Elliot Wake. This was the other book that hadn't been on my original TBR, and I can't believe I forgot about it. As ridiculously engrossing as Elliot's other books, even though it wasn't my fave I've read from him.

415 pages = 41 points

The Weight of Feathers by Anna-Marie McLemore. I feel like I haven't heard a bad thing about this book, and it was SO hyped back when it came out in 2015. It took me a long time to read it, and while I was angry about certain parts, I super enjoyed it and wanted to roll around in Anna-Marie's words forever.

308 pages = 30 points

To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han. Shannon has recommended this one to me before, and had tried to get me to read it sooner, to no avail. ;) I DID start it awhile back, but didn't get far because I wasn't into it. And it did take a long time to really get into the story, but it was so fun and I loved the relationship Lara Jean has with her sisters and dad. It made my heart melt. But holy hell, that ending was MEAN. I'm so glad there's a sequel because omg not cool, Jenny.

357 pages = 35 points

***** 

Now time to tally up my points!

223 points from the books above + 35 points for reading all of them = 258

+ 10 points for reviewing two of the books (Cam Girl & The Weight of Feathers) this past week on the blog = 268 

I also posted my ID card to Twitter, for 1 point. 

Grand Total: 269 points! 

*****

Hey y'all, did you guys do this readathon too? If so, how many points did you get? What'd you read? Let's talk! :)