Monday, March 13, 2017

From the Den: February Edition

From the Den is a feature to showcase the books that I don't post reviews for on the blog, whether I liked them or not. I read so many books that never make it onto The Fox's Hideaway, so I wanted a feature where I could still tell y'all about them. :)

*****

A Book I Read in January:
Under a Painted Sky
The reason I hadn't posted about this one (aside from in the recap of the readathon I read it for) was because I thought I would want to write a long review of it. But then I never did that, and now I'm left with not much to say about it. Which does not reflect the amazingness of the book and how much I loved it, though. It was SUCH a good read. A sad one at times too, but so good. The MC and her companion were such badasses, and when they became friends with the cowboys, I loved watching relationships develop. And it was all so banterific. This story could also easily have gotten boring but I was so hooked from the beginning, and I loved it from start to finish.
Rating: 4.5 Paw Prints! 

****also I just checked on Amazon again, and the hardcover is still only $6.99! so if you've been waiting for it to go on sale, now is your chance. :D****


Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
I finished up my Harry Potter reread, and it was splendid. I had so much more appreciation for certain characters, and I caught things I'd missed the first time around. And gah, I just love these books and this world so much. <3 (I've got a post coming up with WAY more thoughts on the series as a whole, so look out for it!)
Rating: 5 Paw Prints! 


Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
I FINALLY read this children's classic, and I'm so glad I did. The story made absolutely ZERO sense, and Alice could be so frustrating, but I still highly enjoyed it. It was great to see where everything originated. 
Rating: 4 Paw Prints! 


The Series:
I'm not sure if I'm going to be writing a review on Wayfarer, so I wanted to mention these two here, at least. It took me awhile to get through the books, even with Passenger being a reread, but I still thoroughly loved them. I loved the characters and the relationships between them, especially, and the historical aspects of this was one of my favorite parts. The sequel was shaky at times and there was SO MUCH going on that it was hard to keep up, but everything smoothed out by the end.
Rating: 4 for Passenger and idk about Wayfarer, I'm still debating.


What books did you read during the month of February? Have you read any of these ones yet? If so, what did you think of them?!