Monday, April 3, 2017

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

I haven't done many short posts in my four years of blogging, and I don't know why. I guess I feel like it makes me look as if I didn't bother to put that much thought and effort into the post? Which, I definitely don't agree with when it comes to other blogs. Some people are REALLY good at writing short but effective posts that clearly took them time to do. I am not built that way. I don't know how to be concise and make it look effortless on top of that, and it feels WEIRD to be posting something short. It just does. But I thought it would be fun to take a Tumblr post I wrote, and expand upon it, because one of my unofficial goals of Year 5 was to branch out and write about MORE than just books. I also need to be more positive about life, so here are a few of my favorite things. :)

  • a new story idea 
  • that moment after finishing an amazing book 
  • the Hamilton soundtrack and mixtape 
  • a comment on a blog post of mine 
  • being hit with a burst of writing inspiration and falling deeply in love with my WIP 
  • a cat falling asleep on my lap 
  • coming home after a long day to a happy dog 
  • Pokemon hunting with my brothers 
  • book mail 
  • foxes 
  • uninterrupted hours of reading time 
  • the calm before a storm 
  • the book blogging community 
  • walks in the woods and along my late grandparents’ road with my cousins 
  • bonfires 
  • strawberries and vanilla ice cream 
  • completing a puzzle 
  • fall sunsets 
  • staying up late because I just can’t stop reading a good book 
  • visiting a new place/city 
  • Friends reruns 
  • making new memories 
  • crisp fall days when the sun is shining 
  • the first hint of spring 
  • the smell of freshly cut grass 
  • starting a new WIP 
  • movie marathons 
  • soft sweatshirts and cozy cardigans
  • being and feeling heard 
  • farm fresh strawberries 
  • hanging out with my coworkers and cousins after work
  • reading a new book by a favorite author
  • laughs that make your sides hurt and tears fall
  • friend dates
  • rainy and snowy days when I can stay inside, curl up in a blanket, and read or Netflix
  • a good night's rest 

What are some of YOUR favorite things?