Monday, July 24, 2017

Challenge Accepted: ARC August

hosted by Read.Sleep.Repeat!

I always enjoy participating in this reading challenge, because I am just TERRIBLE at reading and reviewing ARCs. Although I don't request nearly as much as I used to, I'm still not great at keeping up or getting through that backlist. So I like pushing myself by setting goals. And participating in a challenge always seems to help that, especially since I'm so competitive WITH MYSELF. LOL.

But this August, it is definitely not going to be easy. For one, I'm also participating in the Make Me Read It Readathon, and only three of the books I placed in the poll are ARCs. (Though it definitely looks like I will be reading one of those for sure!). For two, I work a long second shift job and so I only generally get time to read on the weekends. But I'm not going to let that stop me!

My official goal is 8, but my unofficial one is 10. I'm not trying to push *too* hard, given a series I also need to read in August, and work. So I'm actually making a goal that is a bit more doable than what I would normally say. Haha. And here is my TBR for the challenge! I'm definitely going to be reading a few of these below, but I'm adding some that I MIGHT read if I have the time.
 
Make Me Read It


August ARCs


September ARCs


Some I Missed

I might even read books not on this list, depending on my mood! But the priorities are the ones that aren't out yet, plus My Lady Jane. I'm SO EXCITED for it, plus all of the other books on this list. In particular, my September ARCs. I cannot wait to dive into those stories! I'll try to track my progress on Twitter, and I'll definitely be posting a wrap-up after August ends. Wish me luck! And good luck to you guys as well! :D


Are you guys participating in ARC August too? What are some of the books you're hoping to read during the month? :)