Tuesday, July 4, 2017

From the Den: June Edition

From the Den is a feature to showcase the books that I don't post reviews for on the blog, whether I liked them or not. I read so many books that never make it onto The Fox's Hideaway, so I wanted a feature where I could still tell y'all about them. :)

*****

I only read nine books last month, two of which were novellas! So, yikes, let's do better in July. But I freaking LOVED the Every series, which I binged during June. Plus I read a few adult romances other than the two below, but I plan on reviewing them separately because they're part of the same series, and I want to read more of the books in it. So yeah, it was a slower month, but not a sad one! :D

Song of the Current 
*ARC kindly provided by Bloomsbury*

I definitely enjoyed this one, but I didn't love it like I'd hoped. I mean, pirates, a dangerous race through the waters of this land, a hate-to-love romance? It has all the ingredients for a favorite, but fell flat. And I could not even really explain why, except that it was soooo sloooow and it made the high stakes not as high, nor were they very emotional. Also, not sure when the author set this fantasy, but the feel and language felt historical. An interesting mix for a new world, just not sure how I felt about all the pieces coming together. Buuuut I liked it, and I want more of this sea adventure with a strong heroine and an interesting cast of characters.
Rating: 3.5 Paw Prints!


Nanny With Benefits

I enjoyed this a HELL of a lot more than the last two! I was really into Josh and Bailey's romance, and the age difference was not even a factor for me (I think because Bailey is not a teenager, and she had more life experience). Plus they fit pretty well together, and even though there's the huge gap there, becoming a family of three was natural for them. I just wish this had been a bit longer. That epilogue showed up pretty quickly, and there weren't very many moments with the two and Josh's son, Max. I thought that would play a bigger role. But all in all, I was a fan. And omg, I can't wait for the next three! Especially the one with Harper and the new pastor in town. IT'S GONNA BE INTERESTING.  
Rating: 4 Paw Prints!


Sinful Temptation 
Hmm, I didn't love this one like I wanted to, and I think it was because the romance just felt so FAST. It's a short story, yeah, but whoa. I didn't get any time to see Harper and Noah in like, a relationship. Which is not necessarily bad, but I didn't believe they loved each other so much that Noah would give up being a pastor if it meant he'd have to lose Harper to stay one. And I wanted to believe that. But it was, like the previous ones, fun and sexy and a quick read. I just wanted more from it, and I'd love it if the guys in this series weren't all the same character types. That is honestly getting a little boring. GIMME DIFFERENT.
Rating: 3 Paw Prints!


Have you guys read any of these; what did you think of them? How many books did you end up reading in June? Let's talk! :)